Sunday, December 10, 2006

I Wish Everything Was So Clear...

Just a quick post before I am off to finish setting up the Christmas tree, and then HOPEFULLY get to work on more of my overdue Christmas knitting....

The last few days, my youngest, aka Bubba, has been getting up in the night and wanting me to sleep with him in his bed. Mind you, he has a twin, and while I am all for snuggling, there's nothing like waking up to a 5 year old's feet in your back, his stuffed monkey-friend, "Monkey" at your neck, as you lay dangerously teetering on edge of the bed hoping not to fall off. So anyhow...when I have gone back to bed with him, he always has me turn his nightlight off. (Guess he figures he's safe from all monsters with me around, especially since I'll be the first they get, as I lay dangling.) IF he wakes before me, he tell me to get up, 'cause the sun's up. Then he may tell me a time. Like..it's 6:18. Not that there is a clock around, or that he can tell time....so, I asked him how he knows it's time to get up. He said that if he opens his eyes and can see, then it's time to get up, but if he opens them and it's dark....time to go back to sleep.

Why can't everything be this simple?? Have a great day!

2 comments:

Alli's Little World of Knitting! said...

OH MY NERVES!! HAHAHAHA My youngest son (now 19) is called Bubba (his real name is David but I have 2 David's now so ... I call him Budd or Bubba). He used to want me to get in bed with him too when he was small! I can just see you teetering on that OH SO FAMILIAR bed-edge! hehehehehe

You're an awesome Momma Lisa!!
Hugs
Alli

Knitting Rose said...

Ahh to be when everything was clear. All was black and white - and decisions were yes or no. What a wonderful time!